Beth Tfiloh named one of Baltimore's sacred spaces by Baltimore Magazine
Baltimore Magazine's feature story on sacred spaces included a beautiful photo of the Beth Tfiloh Sanctuary.
From Baltimore Magazine, December 2018:
BETH TFILOH SANCTUARY | 3300 OLD COURT ROAD The first Beth Tfiloh congregation was formed in Forest Park in 1921 and, representing a wide range of observance grew into the largest modern Orthodox synagogue in the country over the next four decades. After moving to Pikesville, Beth Tfiloh's in-the-round sanctuary, with its soaring, wood-beam, skylighted ceiling - designed by renowned Ukrainian-immigrant architect Morris Lapidus - was dedicated in 1966. But the new sanctuary contained artifacts of the old. Stained-glass windows from the original Beth Tfiloh are installed in several locations and the chapel in the high school part of the building contains pews from the old synagogue, as well as the ark that held the original congregation's Torah scrolls, which had been stashed away in cemetery storage room for decades.
Beth Tfiloh Congregation Roz & Marvin H. Weiner Family Campus | 3300 Old Court Road, Baltimore, MD 21208 | 410-486-1900 | email@example.com
Celebrating the Joy of Judaism. Embracing all Jews. One of the leading Modern Orthodox synagogues in America, with a diverse membership, and an extensive offering of religious services, classes and year-round Jewish programming for all ages.