• Shirts - Students will wear “polo” style or loose-fitting oxford (button down) shirts in approved colors with a traditional Beth Tfiloh logo available through our vendors, Lands’ End and Tommy Hilfiger. Shirts labeled “Feminine Fit” are not approved as part of the Beth Tfiloh dress code. Beth Tfiloh spirit wear shirts available through the BT mall are not approved for dress code.
• Special Event/Field Trip Attire - All students are required to have at least one white uniform polo or oxford shirt to wear for special events and on field trips.
• Turtlenecks & T-shirts (long and short-sleeve) in approved solid colors are allowed to be worn under a loose-fitting uniform shirt.
• Beth Tfiloh school logo sweatshirts, sweaters, vests, and fleece tops may be purchased in approved colors at Lands’ End, Tommy Hilfiger or through the BT Spiritwear Shop at bethtfiloh.com/BTMall
, and must be worn over a BT uniform shirt unless the sweatshirt has a crew neckline. BT uniform shirts must be worn under quarter-zip and full-zip BT sweatshirts, jackets and cardigan sweaters, as well.
•Beth Tfiloh team, tournament or organization sweatshirts or jackets, provided they have not been altered in any way, will be allowed to be worn over a uniform shirt. BT uniform shirts must be worn under zip-up BT team or organization sweatshirts and jackets.
• Outerwear - No outdoor-type jackets may be worn in the building during the school day.
• Spiritwear t-shirts, athletic team warm-up shirts, team t-shirts, and arts department t-shirts are not approved for dress code and may not be worn during the school day.
APPROVED TOPS COLORS
Polo Shirts – Mesh or Interlock –Long-Sleeved or Short-Sleeved – with BT Logo
Black, Classic Navy, Cobalt, Blue, Grey Heather, Ice Pink, Maize, White, Deep Purple
Turtlenecks and Undershirts –Long- and Short-Sleeved –To be worn under polo shirt
Black, Washed Antique Indigo, Classic Navy, Cobalt, Grey Heather, Ice Pink, Maize, White, Deep Purple
Oxford Shirts for Her with BT Logo
Blue, White, Washed Antique Indigo
Oxford Shirts for Him with BT Logo
Blue, French Blue, White, Long Sleeve Pattern Oxford–Blue/White, Long Sleeve Chambray–Bleached Indigo, Lake Blue Stripe
Sweaters with BT Logo
Classic Navy, Maize, White
Fleece/Sweatshirts with BT Logo
Black, Classic Navy, Cobalt, Grey Heather
BOTTOMS Parents are welcome to shop anywhere they would like, provided that the items purchased meet our Dress Code Guidelines.
Only the approved uniform pant styles may be worn. Those pants must be loose-fitting, ankle-length, and may not drag on the floor or have frayed bottoms.
The following approved pants may be worn in khaki or navy:
• CARGO PANTS – All vendors approved, provided they are loose-fitting.
• CHINO PANTS – All boys’ and girls’ style chino pants are approved, provided they are loose fitting.
• Skirts & Jumpers
Skirts should be flared and must reach the top of the knee or longer without slits
in navy, khaki or blue denim. Uniform jumpers may also be worn – khaki and navy, knee-length or longer
. Plain, solid color leggings may be worn under skirts as long as the skirt meets the uniform standards.
Suggested Vendors for Pants and Skirts:
• Lands’ End (khaki, classic navy)
• Tommy Hilfiger
• Old Navy
KIPPOT - Boys must wear a dress code-approved kippah at all times. Thin nylon kippot are not approved. Should a boy forget his kippah, he may purchase one in the HS Office.
Sneakers and closed toe shoes are acceptable. Open-toe sandals, mesh slides, flip-flops, pool shoes, sport sandals, moccasins or any shoes resembling bedroom slippers are not permitted.
JEWELRY - Modest amounts of jewelry are acceptable. Girls may wear earrings, but no other body piercings. Boys may not wear earrings or body piercings.
HAIR - Hair must be kept neat and clean, and may not be dyed unnatural colors or shades.
OFFICIAL DRESS DOWN POLICY
• Jeans in good condition (no holes). No form-fitting jean-style leggings will be permitted. No sweat pants, sport pants, pajamas, yoga pants or leggings permitted.
• Long or short sleeve shirts (no capped sleeves).
• T-shirts should have no inappropriate writing.
• Shirts should be long enough to fully cover the waistband.
• Collars should be close to the collarbone; low-cut necklines are not permitted.
• No flip-flops or sandals.
• No sweat pants or sport pants.
• No shorts unless otherwise specified.
• Boys must wear kippot.
• No hats unless otherwise specified