Beth Tfiloh’s weekly Shabbat services provide a choice of services with a number of “user friendly” enhancements. A full complement of children’s services and babysitting make the Modern Orthodox service especially attractive to families with young children. The addition of a halachically approved Tzomet sound system,
a Mechitza, and increased participation by women, are innovations which aim to expand the appeal of this unique house of worship. Inspiring, “talk of the town” sermons by Rabbi Mitchell Wohlberg and the melodic baritone of Cantor Avi Albrecht, make Beth Tfiloh’s service truly unique on the American Jewish scene.
An alternative weekly Shabbat service, "The BT Minyan", is led by our rabbis in the Epstein Chapel, with Beth Tfiloh’s unique blend of contemporary and traditional Judaism. This service appeals to young couples, singles, college students and alumni of our day school as well as all those who enjoy a more intimate, participatory service.
Our popular Youth Services
include the following:
- Weekly Teen Minyan for high school students led by Stan Lustman
- Weekly Middle School Minyan led by Adam Hariri and Eli Creeger
- Weekly Middle School Girls Service led by Morah Amy Katz and Gal Yoseff
- Weekly babysitting prior to children's services
- Weekly Kid Cong for Grades 1 through 4 led by Mr. Brian Singer
- Weekly PreSchool Cookie Minyan for children 3 and under with a parent, led by Morah Marcie Globerman
- Weekly Mini-Minion for children ages 4 through Kindergarten, led by Morah Jodi Levey and Morah Becky Gordon
- Monthly Shabbat programs with our Rabbis for Bar and Bat Mitzvah families
Shabbat and holiday family programs are calendared throughout the year including Friday night Shabbat dinners, Shabbat pajama parties, and Havdalah programs.
In addition, a monthly Minyan Meyuchad is led by Mrs. Susan Coleman for special needs adults.
All Beth Tfiloh Shabbat services are open to the community without regard to synagogue affiliation. For more information, please contact Holly Venick at 410-413-2244 or firstname.lastname@example.org
. See the Schedule of Services for Shabbat and weekday service times and Shabbat and Yom Tov candlelighting information.