SHIRTS & TOPS
POLO & OXFORD SHIRTS
Students are required to wear polo style or loose-fitting oxford (button down) shirts in approved colors with an official Beth Tfiloh logo available through our vendors, Lands’ End and Tommy Hilfiger.NOT PERMITTED: Shirts labeled “Feminine Fit” are not approved as part of the Beth Tfiloh dress code.APPROVED SHIRT COLORS
NEW LINE OF SWEATSHIRTS & FLEECE TOPS
- Blue/light blue, cobalt/royal, grey heather, and white (available colors vary depending on the particular item and vendor)
- We have discontinued the following shirt colors: pink, purple, yellow, navy blue and black.
NOT PERMITTED: Outdoor-type jackets may NOT be worn in the building during the school day.NOT PERMITTED: Spiritwear t-shirts, athletic team warm-up shirts, team t-shirts, and arts department t-shirts are NOT approved for dress code and may not be worn during the school day. SPECIAL EVENT & FIELD TRIP ATTIRE
- A extensive new line of dress-code approved spiritwear fleece tops, hoodies, tops are now available. Any items marked as dress-code approved may be worn to school.
- Please note that students do not need to wear a uniform shirt under dress code-approved BT logo crew-neck sweatshirts.
- A uniform shirt is still required beneath Beth Tfiloh school logo hoodies, jackets, quarter-zip and full-zip BT sweatshirts.
All students are required to have at least one white uniform polo or oxford shirt to wear for special events and on field trips. TURTLENECKS & T-SHIRTS UNDER UNIFORM SHIRTS
Turtlenecks & T-shirts (long and short-sleeve) in approved solid colors are allowed to be worn under a loose-fitting uniform shirt.
PANTS, SKIRTS & JUMPERS
Only approved uniform pant styles may be worn. Pants must be loose-fitting and ankle-length.
The following approved pants may be worn in khaki or navy:
CARGO PANTS – All vendors approved, provided they are loose-fitting.
CHINO PANTS – All boys’ and girls’ style chino pants are approved, provided they are loose fitting.NOT PERMITTED: Pants may not drag on the floor or have frayed bottoms.SKIRTS & JUMPERS
Girls may wear skirts or jumpers meeting the following requirements:
- Skirts should be flared and must reach the top of the knee without slits.
- Uniform jumpers must reach the top of the knee or longer.
- Plain, solid color leggings may be worn under skirts as long as the skirt meets the uniform standards.
OFFICIAL DRESS DOWN DAY POLICY
- Pants & jumpers may be worn in khaki or navy.
- Skirts may be worn in khaki or navy. Denim skirts are not permissible.
OFFICIAL ATHLETIC GAME DAY DRESS DOWN POLICY
- Jeans in good condition (no holes). No form-fitting jean-style leggings will be permitted. No sweat pants, sport pants, pajamas, yoga pants or leggings permitted.
- Long or short sleeve shirts (no capped sleeves).
- T-shirts should have no inappropriate writing.
- Shirts should be long enough to fully cover the waistband.
- Collars should be close to the collarbone; low-cut necklines are not permitted.
- No flip-flops or sandals.
- No sweat pants or sport pants.
- No shorts unless otherwise specified.
- Boys must wear kippot.
- No hats unless otherwise specified
FROM HEAD TO TOE (Kippot, Shoes & Misc.)KIPPOT
- Males: Shirt, tie, button-down shirt tucked in with dress code pants, or team uniform shirt with dress code pants. Basketball and track uniforms must be worn with a shirt underneath
- Females: Dress up is permitted but the coverage of tops and length of skirts must meet dress code requirements, or team uniform shirt with dress code pants or skirt. Volleyball, basketball, track, softball and lacrosse players must wear shirts with longer short sleeves underneath their team uniform shirts.
- No warm-up or practice shirts are permitted to be worn in school.
Boys must wear a dress code-approved kippah at all times.
Should a boy forget his kippah, he may purchase one in the School Office.NOT PERMITTED: Thin nylon kippot. HAIR
Hair must be kept neat and cleanNOT PERMITTED: Hair may not be dyed unnatural colors or shades. SHOES
Sneakers and closed toe shoes are acceptable.NOT PERMITTED: Open-toe sandals, mesh slides, flip-flops, crocs, pool shoes, sport sandals, moccasins or any shoes resembling bedroom slippers. TIGHTS/LEGGINGS
Plain, solid color leggings or tights may be worn under skirts as long as the skirt meets the uniform standards. Students may not wear sweatpants, athletic pants, or fishnet stockings under skirts.
NOT PERMITTED: Girls and boys may not have facial piercings and boys may not wear earrings.SUGGESTED VENDORS
- Modest amounts of jewelry are acceptable.
- Girls may wear earrings
Parents are welcome to shop anywhere they would like for pants, skirts and jumpers, provided that the items purchased meet our dress code guidelines.Suggested Vendors for Pants and Skirts:
- Lands’ End (khaki, classic navy)
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Old Navy