Our School Dress Code
ABOUT OUR DRESS CODE
Beth Tfiloh's goal is to create an environment that is professional and respectful of the fact that we are an educational institution where Torah is studied. These values are reflected in what our students wear and the way our students look. Studies have shown that appearance influences general performance.
Students are expected to stay well within the intent of the dress code. We enlist our parents' support and assistance in ensuring compliance. Students may be disciplined or sent home for dress code violations at the discretion of the administration.
Parents and guests are asked to dress in a manner befitting a Jewish day school when they enter the building.
DRESS CODE ENFORCEMENT PROTOCOL
• A female advisor will be designated in each grade to oversee dress code enforcement, and will maintain an inventory of uniform shirts and approved skirts in various sizes.
• If a student is in noncompliance with the dress code, he or she will be required to change into a loaner garment to wear during the school day, take home, launder and return to school the next day. Parents will be charged for any loaner garments not returned. Kippot will be available for purchase in the school office.
• In lieu of wearing a loaner garment, a student will be allowed to call a parent to bring an appropriate replacement.
• Parents will be notified by email when their child has been found in violation of the dress code.
• After three (3) dress code violations, a student will be given detention.